Here we are again!

Here we are again! Hip - Hip - Hooray! Before I start, let's catch up! I believe my last post was in December 2020, 3 months post op for my total hip replacement - left side. How can it be that long ago!?

So many changes; so much the same!

I got married March 19, 2021! It was a small ceremony and dinner at Mohegan Manor. Marc and I loved the day. He did forget the marriage license!!! And the Judge called him "Edward"! Yup, we started the ceremony again and yes are still laughing about these faux pas! We honeymooned in Johnson City, TN as we are considering a move to the area when I retire. Speaking of retiring...

I continue to work at Helio Health. The work is challenging and rewarding. I have a great boss and work with a wonderful team of Case Managers. I had considered semiretirement this year; however there were many reasons to hang in full-time until 2023. My advisor reminded me that I would most likely work more than allowed in the Social Security Income parameters between PT work and my desire to continue teaching exercise classes. 

Also, realizing that my right knee and hip would need replacement, the out of pocket max is much better using employer insurance than Medicare.

In August, Marc and I had a celebration for our marriage. We had an awesome time with family and friends. The food was spectacular and all had a fun time. It was so great to see so many friends that I/we had not seen for such a long time, due to COVID-19. 

Speaking of COVID-19, Marc and I have been fortunate to stay away from catching it...knock on wood!

I was fortunate to be welcomed back to Aspen and the Y as a Group Exercise Instructor. I was able to teach 4 Indoor cycle classes a week. I then added Stretch, Core and More, 2 times a month for Sunday Fun Day at Aspen Fairmount. And when needed, I was a sub for a class in Cicero, Strength and Chisel. I loved having my friend, Laurie joining me and after class for strength training. It has been great to have all the equipment available to maximize workouts.

I believe that this schedule and training has been beneficial to push surgery out. I have known since my left hip replacement that my right side, knee and hip, would need the same. The challenge was deciding which would be first and when. I have 100% trust in my surgeon, Dr. Sherman, so we had discussions to make this decision.

I am still wrapping my head around the fact that most of my lower body will be replaced but I know it will allow me quality of life and ability to remain active.

Up next...the decision...........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hip Hop Horray - The decision process

Update on knee replacement recovery

Knee VS Hip Replacement