Made it back to work

 Hi all - well...as life would have...I got back to work and of course did not have time to write an update!

I returned to my job as a Case Manager for Helio Health on 10/13/20. I have some restrictions - no bending, no pushing, pulling or lifting over 10 pounds until 11/13/20. Not so bad really!

Of course the tougher part is getting back into the routine of going to the job. WOW! Having about 5 weeks off truly puts you in a different mindset. HHHHMMM...for me, perhaps a little practice for retirement!!! However, the reality of having to wake up early and be at the office by 8AM hit hard and fast!! Trust me....10PM on day one could not have come fast enough!! I needed S-L-E-E-P!!

My coworkers were happy to have me back. And I really did miss them. And I missed my residents. I work as Case Manager for formerly homeless individuals who may still be active in substance abuse and mental health issues. This work is very rewarding; and, at times, very stressful. I truly have to find and keep a balance. As with many of us; I find this balance through exercise, healthy living, family and friends.

I had my work prepared for my absence; you know the paperwork part. I am fortunate to work with a team that works together. The staff  (old and new) took care of the paperwork I had prepared but more importantly, took care of the needs of my residents if any issues occurred. It really made coming back to work ...easy!

I was fortunate that my hip replacement recovery went as well as it did. It allowed me to spend time with friends, catching up and getting exercise. It allowed me to work hard at PT and to go to the gym (mask and all) and to rest.

Now the key is finding a way to maintain these healthy and needed elements of my life while working.

I am doing well so far. A coworker and I try to get a walk in at lunch time (weather has not cooperated much recently). 

I continue to go to PT two times a week (new blog on this will outline my program progress). I am fortunate that I end my work day at 4:30PM which allows me after work PT visits. These last approximately 45 minutes, including a warm up on bike and stretches. 

I continue to go to the gym. It is a bit more crowded after work; but manageable for sure. I continue to be impressed by members adherence to the mask wearing and cleaning protocols. Only a few times have I seen someone not clean equipment when finished. I have taken to the habit of cleaning equipment before and after I use! And I am trying to continue connection with family and friends...a little more challenging with less time...but worth figuring out!

Remember ... you are replaceable at work but not in your personal life........


Next up 6 weeks check up and 8 weeks postop!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hip Hop Horray - The decision process

Update on knee replacement recovery

Knee VS Hip Replacement