Letting go - Part Two

It is never easy to "let go". In Letting Go Part One I shared making the decision to "let go" of teaching a HIIT class. To some this may not seem like a big deal......

To me it was a hard decision. My passion is fitness and wellness; most importantly helping others achieve their goals. I wanted to make sure that I was, in fact, "letting go" not "giving up" and I feel confident that I will find a great replacement for this class that will bring fitness, wellness and achievement to my participants. Therefore, I did not "give up"!!!

 At times, you have to make a difficult decision to "let go" of something.

It is a good practice to take a look at our life once in awhile to see if there are things we need to "let go". For me, I have never really looked at my life from this perspective unless forced to...

Letting go of running, or jumping or a class due to physical limitations following surgery. Letting go of a significant other following a divorce (yup, I was married!)Letting go of cigarettes (yes...a very BAD habit).....the list goes on.....

When you see the absolutely need to let go it is easier to face; not necessarily easier to do...but you can see the reason for having to let go.

Sometimes, the need is not so evident yet your life might become less stressful if you let go....

I don't think there are many of us that have not been in a "not so great for us relationship". The relationship need not be a human...it can be food; alcohol, sweets, exercise, running and/or work just to name a few.

When we look at change in our life in the extreme, such as to "give up" we may be overwhelmed to make the change. The term "give up" has a connotation of failure! And, of course, no one wants to fail.....I used to think I was giving up; making the decision to change and move forward even more challenging. This thinking pretty much paralyzed me from making the needed changes.

To "give up" can feel as though you can "never have again"! And, who would not want to have love, treats, exercise and work in their life, ever again!?!?!?!

To me, changing the term, changes the perspective. When we are honest with ourselves with the areas of our life that might need change or adjustment we may be more willing to "let go" than "give up".

Take some time today to think about things or areas in your life that you may need to "let go" - ou may find it refreshing!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hip Hop Horray - The decision process

Update on knee replacement recovery

Knee VS Hip Replacement